Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications
The main objectives of the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), as approved
by the Communications Act775, are to:
• Facilitate the provision of universal access to electronic communication by the unserved and underserved communities
• Facilitate the provision of internet point of presence in underserved and unserved communities
• Facilitate capacity building programmes and promote ICT inclusion in the unserved and underserved communities
• Facilitate the deployment of ICT and equipment to educational, vocational and other training institutions
• Develop an effective human resource for the Agency
To facilitate the provision of Universal Access to all persons through the use of affordable Information and Communications Technology for Socio-economic development.
To innovatively manage a Universal Access Fund collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve universal access through the use of ICTs in Ghana.