ICT Education and Awareness
This project is being implemented with the goal of reinforcing and expanding the use and benefits of ICTs for the general public, by supporting a range of capacity building, education, and awareness projects
The objective of this programme is to promote digital inclusion at the community level and also help bridge the digital divide nationwide, by funding the provision of basic ICT training to civil and public servants and others in the underserved and unserved communities using the Community ICT Centers (CICs).
- 188 people, comprising CIC Managers and personnel of beneficiary institutions have been trained.
- 1,720 personnel of the Metropolitan Municipal and Districts Assemblies (MMDAs), have been trained at Fifty -Two (52) CICs using the CIC Managers as facilitators.
- Over 5,000 artisans trained.
Coding For Kids
The objective of this project is to give opportunity to kids and the youth to explore the world of technology through the creation of websites, computer games, interactive arts, mobile apps and animation stories, using programming languages like JAVA script, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), among others.
- 150 teachers have been trained
- 4500 school children have benefited from this project.
Public Education on Electromagnetic Fields Exposure and Health
Since June 2010, GIFEC has embarked upon a series of public education on Electromagnetic Fields (EMF), exposure and health, with the aim of raising awareness on issues of the related to exposure limits as well as addressing communication challenges. So far all the 10 regional capitals and nine municipal/district capitals have been covered.
Obuasi, Tarkwa, Hohoe, Savelugu, Techiman, Navrongo, Swedru, Jirapa and Kintampo have hosted the programme.