The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) has presented to the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), a 2017 world champion award in ICT applications: E-environment category for its 112-public emergency response project during the World Summit on the Information Society Forum held in Geneva, Switzerland from the 12-16 June, 2017.
The award which was presented by Mr. Houlin Zhao the Secretary-General of ITU, and received on behalf of GIFEC by the Acting Administrator, Mr. Abraham Kofi Asante acknowledged the outstanding contribution of the organization towards strengthening the implementation of the WSIS outcomes in Ghana.
The event represents the world’s largest annual gathering of the ‘ICT for Development’ community and it is a global multi-stakeholder platform facilitating the implementation of the WSIS Action Lines for advancing sustainable development goals and targets. It also provides the opportunity for countries to share knowledge and best practices, while identifying emerging trends and fostering partnerships, taking into account the evolving Information and Knowledge Societies.
The Forum was co-organized by ITU, UNESCO, UNDP and UNCTAD, in close collaboration with other UN organizations and regional commissions.
- Problem solved—Internet of Things with SDN network scalability June 22, 2018
- Better, faster wireless communication on the horizon for mobile device users June 22, 2018
- Moving toward fast internet on the plane June 19, 2018
- Australia agrees Solomons internet cable after China concern June 13, 2018
- Your internet use could change as 'net neutrality' ends June 11, 2018