A five-member delegation from the Rural Communication Development Fund (RCDF) of the Republic of Uganda has paid a week-long visit to the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC).
The Rural Communications Development Fund (RCDF), which is in the process of developing its third policy to guide project implementation for the next five years especially, on broadband were on a study visit to GIFEC.
Mr. Nyombi Thembo, Director of RCDF and leader of the delegation said that their visit was to learn from the best practices of projects as executed by Ghana under the Universal Service Fund. He said it was to also learn about the operations of GIFEC, the results and impact it had achieved and the challenges experienced in rolling out in the areas of especially, broadband and other projects.
The delegation included Madam Irene Kaggwa Sewankambo, the Director of Technical. Mr. Moses Akol, Finance Manager, Madam Susan Wegoye, Head of Legal & Secretary to the Commission and Mr. Kenneth Oketa an Administrative Officer.
The team paid courtesy calls on the Chief Director at the Ministry of Communications Mr. Issah Yahaya, the acting Director General of National Communications Authority (NCA), Mr. Joseph Anokye and the acting Director General of National Information Technology Agency (NITA), Mr. Jeffrey Konadu Addo.
They also visited the Mankessim Community Information Centre (CIC), Otuam Community Day School, Wawase and Afiase/Nsutem Rural Telephony Projects, all selected project sites of GIFEC in the Central region
The team was taken through a series of presentations by the Management of GIFEC as part of the plan to share knowledge.
- Ghana Wins ITU Council Seat Re-election Bid, Retains Seat After Fierce Contest
- GIFEC Supports Association of Disabled Students at UCC
- GIFEC honoured at 2018 ITU Telecom World
- Closing the Digital Divide Crucial to Ghana’s Socio-Economic Development – Ursula
- President Akufo-Addo Inaugurates Abenaso Rural Telephony Project
- EU to curb phone costs, set up emergency alert system November 14, 2018
- Nigerian ISP's configuration error disrupted Google services November 13, 2018
- Internet traffic hijack disrupts Google services November 13, 2018
- "Disney+" service a year away from streaming shows November 9, 2018
- Sprint ups mobile hotspot to 50GB, turns on faster 4G LTE network before 5G arrives in 2019 November 8, 2018