A five-member delegation from the Rural Communication Development Fund (RCDF) of the Republic of Uganda has paid a week-long visit to the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC).
The Rural Communications Development Fund (RCDF), which is in the process of developing its third policy to guide project implementation for the next five years especially, on broadband were on a study visit to GIFEC.
Mr. Nyombi Thembo, Director of RCDF and leader of the delegation said that their visit was to learn from the best practices of projects as executed by Ghana under the Universal Service Fund. He said it was to also learn about the operations of GIFEC, the results and impact it had achieved and the challenges experienced in rolling out in the areas of especially, broadband and other projects.
The delegation included Madam Irene Kaggwa Sewankambo, the Director of Technical. Mr. Moses Akol, Finance Manager, Madam Susan Wegoye, Head of Legal & Secretary to the Commission and Mr. Kenneth Oketa an Administrative Officer.
The team paid courtesy calls on the Chief Director at the Ministry of Communications Mr. Issah Yahaya, the acting Director General of National Communications Authority (NCA), Mr. Joseph Anokye and the acting Director General of National Information Technology Agency (NITA), Mr. Jeffrey Konadu Addo.
They also visited the Mankessim Community Information Centre (CIC), Otuam Community Day School, Wawase and Afiase/Nsutem Rural Telephony Projects, all selected project sites of GIFEC in the Central region
The team was taken through a series of presentations by the Management of GIFEC as part of the plan to share knowledge.
- A new low-latency congestion control for cellular networks January 21, 2019
- TIC-TOC technology moves Tactile Internet a step closer to reality January 17, 2019
- Sinclair debuts streaming service for its local TV stations January 16, 2019
- House Republicans question telecoms on location tracking January 16, 2019
- Edward C. Baig: Have a great idea for 5G? Verizon may give you a million dollars to make it happen January 16, 2019