The Administrator of GIFEC, Hon. Kofi Asante, and GIFEC have been awarded for “Outstanding Contribution to Ghana Information and Communications (ICT)” and “Special Recognition for Connecting the Unconnected”, respectively at the 8th Ghana Information Technology and Telecom Awards.
The prestigious annual GITTA event celebrates individuals and institutions whose work promotes innovation and excellence in Ghana’s ICT sector.
CEO of Instinct Wave, organisers of the awards event, Akin Naphtal, said over past seven years, the GITTA awards have been shining a light on the most progressive and innovative companies within the ICT ecosystem.
“We are proud to promote success stories, technology advancement and disruption in one of the most dynamic business sectors in Ghana. Not only do we look at businesses but also individuals who have made a genuine impact on the market from within these companies. The industry is driven by people who deserve to have their contributions recognised,” he said.
This year’s event provided a platform to recognise and acknowledge government institutions in order to deepen the use to use technology to enrich the lives of citizens.
A Deputy Minister of Communication, George Andah, who gave the keynote address, said ICT remains the bedrock for the achievement of President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ agenda.
Mr Andah also charged the award recipients to be inspired to achieve even more in their fields of endeavour.
- Cutting the cord: Which cable TV alternatives make the grade December 7, 2018
- Qualcomm touts 5G in 2019, launches new processor for flagship smartphones December 7, 2018
- Cuba finally rolls out mobile 3G, though too costly for most December 7, 2018
- Internet access via mobile phones starts for all Cubans December 6, 2018
- Millions of O2, SoftBank customers hit by glitch December 6, 2018