The Administrator of GIFEC, Hon. Kofi Asante, and GIFEC have been awarded for “Outstanding Contribution to Ghana Information and Communications (ICT)” and “Special Recognition for Connecting the Unconnected”, respectively at the 8th Ghana Information Technology and Telecom Awards.
The prestigious annual GITTA event celebrates individuals and institutions whose work promotes innovation and excellence in Ghana’s ICT sector.
CEO of Instinct Wave, organisers of the awards event, Akin Naphtal, said over past seven years, the GITTA awards have been shining a light on the most progressive and innovative companies within the ICT ecosystem.
“We are proud to promote success stories, technology advancement and disruption in one of the most dynamic business sectors in Ghana. Not only do we look at businesses but also individuals who have made a genuine impact on the market from within these companies. The industry is driven by people who deserve to have their contributions recognised,” he said.
This year’s event provided a platform to recognise and acknowledge government institutions in order to deepen the use to use technology to enrich the lives of citizens.
A Deputy Minister of Communication, George Andah, who
gave the keynote address, said ICT remains the bedrock for the achievement of President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ agenda.
Mr Andah also charged the award recipients to be inspired to achieve even more in their fields of endeavour.
- Ericsson, Swisscom launch Europe's first large scale 5G network April 17, 2019
- Questions over coverage plague rural broadband expansion April 15, 2019
- FCC to hold big 5G auction, spend $20B for rural internet April 12, 2019
- House passes bill to restore 'net neutrality' rules April 10, 2019
- US remains committed to private sector-led 5G wireless: Kudlow April 4, 2019