The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) has presented to the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), a 2017 world champion award in ICT applications: E-environment category for its 112-public emergency response project during the World Summit on the Information Society Forum held in Geneva, Switzerland from the 12-16 June, 2017.
The award which was presented by Mr. Houlin Zhao the Secretary-General of ITU, and received on behalf of GIFEC by the Acting Administrator, Mr. Abraham Kofi Asante acknowledged the outstanding contribution of the organization towards strengthening the implementation of the WSIS outcomes in Ghana.
The event represents the world’s largest annual gathering of the ‘ICT for Development’ community and it is a global multi-stakeholder platform facilitating the implementation of the WSIS Action Lines for advancing sustainable development goals and targets. It also provides the opportunity for countries to share knowledge and best practices, while identifying emerging trends and fostering partnerships, taking into account the evolving Information and Knowledge Societies.
The Forum was co-organized by ITU, UNESCO, UNDP and UNCTAD, ucak bileti in close collaboration with other UN organizations and regional commissions.
- Ericsson, Swisscom launch Europe's first large scale 5G network April 17, 2019
- Questions over coverage plague rural broadband expansion April 15, 2019
- FCC to hold big 5G auction, spend $20B for rural internet April 12, 2019
- House passes bill to restore 'net neutrality' rules April 10, 2019
- US remains committed to private sector-led 5G wireless: Kudlow April 4, 2019