The Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), has reaffirmed its commitment to enhancing ICT education in Ghana, by reviving its partnership with the Ghana Library Authority.
GIFEC, under this collaboration, is providing 100 laptops to equip 10 re-launched mobile library vans, to provide library services to students in unserved communities without library services.
An important component of this partnership is to establish E-Library locations at all reference libraries, and designated locations in some branch libraries in Ghana. In addition to the above, e-readers, projectors and internet will be supplied by GIFEC to help spread ICT to communities and schools that Ghana Library Authority visits.
The partnership was launched during the inauguration of the Ghana Library Authority’s Year of Reading campaign. The purpose of this campaign is to encourage the youth and students to develop the habit of reading.
- Germany launches 5G auction amid row with US over Huawei March 19, 2019
- Rise and fall of the landline: 143 years of telephones becoming more accessible – and smart March 14, 2019
- T-Mobile's latest pitch for Sprint merger: Taking on cable internet and TV March 11, 2019
- Unlocking the untapped potential of light in optical communications March 8, 2019
- Germany to require suppliers of 5G networks be 'trustworthy' March 7, 2019