Hon. Abraham Kofi Asante, the Chief Executive Officer for Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), has emphasized the need for coding and programming in the life of children to make them grow into better adults.
Speaking at the launch of the “Coding for Kids” programme at Asankragwa on Wednesday, Hon. Asante stated that coding can help children to be organized, intelligent and build a strong mental foundation to excel.”
The Coding for Kids initiative is to train children in mobile technology applications to solve societal challenges and needs.
He also added that the program was launched in the Asankragwa community as part of GIFEC’s aim to provide universal access to e-learning and other digital services.
At the launching, the Municipal Chief Executive of the Amenfi West Municipality, Hon. George Agyiri expressed his gratitude to GIFEC and the Ministry of Communication for selecting the Municipality to be part of government’s Smart Community Project, adding that through the project, about 18 communities in the municipality now have access to a telephone network.
Meanwhile, the acting Chief of Asankrangwa, Nana Kwasi Addae, also thanked the Administrator for remembering the community in which he comes from and added that the project would be of immense benefit to the community.
- Problem solved—Internet of Things with SDN network scalability June 22, 2018
- Better, faster wireless communication on the horizon for mobile device users June 22, 2018
- Moving toward fast internet on the plane June 19, 2018
- Australia agrees Solomons internet cable after China concern June 13, 2018
- Your internet use could change as 'net neutrality' ends June 11, 2018