The Administrator, Mr. Kofi Asante has paid a courtesy call on the Executive Director of the National Road and Safety Commission (NRSC), Madam May Obiri- Yeboah in her Office in Accra. This visit forms part of his familiarization visit to major stakeholders of the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC).
The visit to the National Road and Safety Commission (NRSC) was to inform them of the existence of the 112 Emergency Call Centres and its operations and to get them involved in the project. More importantly, the engagement was again to solicit their support to help strengthen the project for it to achieve its purpose of establishment. The 112 Emergency Call Centres has been set up in the five regional capitals; Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi, Ho and Tamale.
Mr. Kofi Asante reiterated the need for the NRSC to take advantage of the Emergency Call Centre taking into account the role the Commission play in terms of emergencies. He added that the Commission inputs in helping to strengthen the Call Centre to operate effectively is important and indicated that a member of the Commission will be needed to represent the Commission on a steering committee that GIFEC and National Security intend to set up to deal with the challenges associated with the 112 Emergency Call Centre.
On her side, Madam May Obiri- Yeboah, Executive Director, NRSC, expressed her gratitude and said the project is a good one. She disclosed that the project falls under the Commission’s strategy and action plan and therefore is a laudable initiative hence the need to support the project to achieve its purpose.
Mr. Kofi Asante, advised and stressed that it is important to work as partners to make sure the project is a success as it will help to deal with emergencies, enhance speedy response to emergencies and eliminate the inefficiencies in the system.
- Ghana Wins ITU Council Seat Re-election Bid, Retains Seat After Fierce Contest
- GIFEC Supports Association of Disabled Students at UCC
- GIFEC honoured at 2018 ITU Telecom World
- Closing the Digital Divide Crucial to Ghana’s Socio-Economic Development – Ursula
- President Akufo-Addo Inaugurates Abenaso Rural Telephony Project
- EU to curb phone costs, set up emergency alert system November 14, 2018
- Nigerian ISP's configuration error disrupted Google services November 13, 2018
- Internet traffic hijack disrupts Google services November 13, 2018
- "Disney+" service a year away from streaming shows November 9, 2018
- Sprint ups mobile hotspot to 50GB, turns on faster 4G LTE network before 5G arrives in 2019 November 8, 2018