The Administrator, Mr. Kofi Asante has paid a courtesy call on the Inspector General of Police, Mr. David Asante Apeatu in his offices in Accra on Friday, May 5, 2017. The visit form part of Mr. Kofi Asante’s familiarization visits to major stakeholders of the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC).
The visit to the Ghana Police Service is to help find strategies in strengthening and addressing challenges associated with the 112 Emergency call centres set up by GIFEC in five Regional capitals; Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi, Ho and Tamale.
He stressed on the need to work together as a team in ensuring the project is a success as it will improve communication between the various Security Services and the general public. And again if well resourced, these call centers will enhance speedy responses to emergencies and eliminate the inefficiencies in the system.
The Inspector General of Police, Mr. David Asante Apeatu on his part thanked Administrator for his visit and also pledged the Service support in finding solutions to the challenges in these center.
Officials with the Administrator included the Director of Operations, Mr. Osman Zakaria Yahaya, Acting Director of Finance and Administration, Mr. Henry A. Boateng and Mr. Michael Agyei Takyi Principal Programmes Manager.
- Cutting the cord: Which cable TV alternatives make the grade December 7, 2018
- Qualcomm touts 5G in 2019, launches new processor for flagship smartphones December 7, 2018
- Cuba finally rolls out mobile 3G, though too costly for most December 7, 2018
- Internet access via mobile phones starts for all Cubans December 6, 2018
- Millions of O2, SoftBank customers hit by glitch December 6, 2018