The Administrator, Mr. Kofi Asante has paid a courtesy call on the Inspector General of Police, Mr. David Asante Apeatu in his offices in Accra on Friday, May 5, 2017. The visit form part of Mr. Kofi Asante’s familiarization visits to major stakeholders of the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC).
The visit to the Ghana Police Service is to help find strategies in strengthening and addressing challenges associated with the 112 Emergency call centres set up by GIFEC in five Regional capitals; Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi, Ho and Tamale.
He stressed on the need to work together as a team in ensuring the project is a success as it will improve communication between the various Security Services and the general public. And again if well resourced, these call centers will enhance speedy responses to emergencies and eliminate the inefficiencies in the system.
The Inspector General of Police, Mr. David Asante Apeatu on his part thanked Administrator for his visit and also pledged the Service support in finding solutions to the challenges in these center.
Officials with the Administrator included the Director of Operations, Mr. Osman Zakaria Yahaya, Acting Director of Finance and Administration, Mr. Henry A. Boateng and Mr. Michael Agyei Takyi Principal Programmes Manager.
- AT&T to launch streaming service, latest to counter Netflix October 10, 2018
- Successful tests mark important milestone toward a 5G future October 10, 2018
- Broadband 'disconnect' has big consequences for midwest farmers October 9, 2018
- 5G service rolls out—but not without controversy October 9, 2018
- City of Seattle fighting federal government's new 5G rules October 3, 2018